Have you ever tried delicious Tarte Flambee? Do you know how you can make this yummy French food from the comfort of your home? If not, then this recipe is worth reading for you. Stay in touch as we will explore one of the best, delicious, mouth-watering, and yummy food, i.e., Tarte Flambee.
Tarte Flambee is France’s answer to Pizza, although the food is not exactly like a pizza. It is made using unleavened dough. The final product is thin and savory, crispy, and incredibly delicious.
Instead, the taste and the process of making Tarte Flambee are also somewhat similar to making Pizza. It is baked in a wooden oven. You can find it easily in London, but it might not be as famous as Pizza is.
It is as good as Pizza is. Most people believe it is much better than Pizza. It is available in oversized discs or rectangles. Rectangles are more comfortable because you can easily fit two of them in a standard domestic oven.
Tarte Flambee Recipe
Now without any further due, let’s get started exploring the recipe to make this delicious treat for yourself and your loved ones.
Note down the ingredients needed to make this delicious food.
For the Crust
- Lukewarm water (¼ cup)
- Dry yeast (¾ tsp)
- Sugar (½ tsp)
- All-purpose flour (¾ cup)
- Extra-virgin oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt (A Pinch)
- Slab bacon (½ lbs., cut into lardons)
- Spanish onions (3, thinly sliced)
- Crème Fraiche (½ cup)
- Fromage blanc (½ cup, high-quality ricotta)
- Extra virgin oil
- Fresh chives (1 bunch, finely chopped)
Instructions for Preparing Tarte Flambee
For the Dough
- Combine lukewarm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir the mixture together until it becomes foamy and bubbly and smells yeasty. It might take about 10 minutes. This process activates the yeast.
- Take a mixing bowl. Place flour in it and make a well in the center. Now add olive oil, activated yeast mixture (created in step 1), and salt. Stir until the dough forms a ball-type shape.
- Spare some clean work surface in your kitchen. Dust it with flour, knead the dough, and make it firm and tight. It might take 5-7 minutes. Now place this dough back in the mixing bowl. Cover the mixing bowl using a plastic wrap and sit in a warm place until it doubles in size. This process might take about one hour.
For the Topping
- Preheat the oven to about 400-degree F.
- Take a large, wide pan and add a few drops of olive oil to it. Place the bacon in this pan. Place the pan on the stove over medium heat and continue cooking until it gets brown and crispy. When done, remove it from the pan, reserve on a plate using tissue papers and paper towels.
- Now add onions to the pan and season with salt as per taste. Cover and cook until the onions get wilted and soft. It might take about 8-10 minutes. Remove the onions and cook until they get caramelized. It might take about 45 minutes. Keep on stirring during this process to make sure that the onions don’t burn. When done, remove them from heat and reserve.
- Combine fromage blan and crème fraiche.
- Take the dough and divide it into four even balls. Keep on rolling until they are 1/8 to 1/16 inch thick. After this, put them in the sheet tray and place in the oven. Bake for about 4 minutes.
- Take the doughs out from the oven and schmear each evenly with cheese mixture. Place the cheese layer on the caramelized onions on cheese and sprinkle the bacon on the onions’ top.
- Once done, place the dough back in the oven bake until the dough gets crispy and the toppings get bubbly. It might take 5-7 minutes.
- That’s it, and your delicious Tarte Flambee is ready. Sprinkle with chives and enjoy.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe. Tarte Flambee is yummy food somewhat similar to Pizza but is much more delicious and crispy. You will undoubtedly enjoy this food once you give it a try. Feel free to contact us if you are experiencing any problem while making this delicious treat for your loved ones. The comments section is open for you.