Are you living in Canada and missing Persian food? Do you find it challenging to get into the pantry to prepare lunch or dinner for yourself? Do you want to prepare the restaurant-style KABOB KOOBIDEH at home? If yes, then we are here to treat you with the compellingly aromatic best Persian recipes.
If you’re an immigrant & living in Toronto, then I’m sure that you missed home town food badly. Then what should you do next? Will you order foods daily? The best and healthy way to tackle this situation is to search for quick and easy recipes that you can quickly cook at home. Let’s learn about how to prepare tantalizing KABOB KOOBIDEH at home.
What is Kabob Koobideh
A famous Persian recipe made with ground lamb or beef, sometimes the combination of both you can easily find on Iran’s streets. These mouthwatering Kabobs are grilled over coals. You can serve them with Persian Steamed Rice at a friend’s partyor prepare them at home to treat your family to the most delicious meal out there.
Kabob Koobideh Recipe
In this article, you’ll learn how to prepare Kabob Koobideh at home. This recipe will make you feel right at home. Trust me; even if you’re not more of a cooking guy, you would love to cook food for yourself at home after following our blog.
Let’s look into the recipe ingredients and preparation method.
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled
- 1 ½ pound double-ground ground beef
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sumac, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- bread, to serve
- olive oil, to serve
- Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Persian basil
- limes wedges for serving
- Grate the onion in a chopper and mix it with ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add seasonings (salt, black pepper powder, turmeric, and ground sumac) to the bowl.
- Knead it thoroughly for 5-7 minutes.
- Cover the mixture with a plastic wrap.
- Keep the kebab mixture in the refrigerator and leave it for 8 to 12 hours.
- Place the beef mixture on a skewer and flatten it.
- Grill the kabobs on the grill.
- Turn the kabobs often to avoid burning.
- Grill a few tomatoes and peppers to serve on the side.
- Kabobs can be served with rice.
Want to enjoy rich and authentic Persian flavors, better than restaurants you’ve been to? Try the Shahram Kyani recipes; trust me; you’ll get obsessed with these recipes. Tempt your taste buds by following our blog and enjoy healthy and yummy French, Turkish, and Italian recipes. The easy and delicious recipes made with ingredients right from your kitchen, no one can ignore, am I right? Share your style of preparing this Persian recipe; we would love to hear from you. If you’ve tried our recipes, share your feedback in the comments section below.